A Weekend Getaway to Medak, Pocharam
Medak is a town 100 KM from Hyderabad. The church at Medak is built in Gothic style and is considered to be the largest Cathedral. The Medak Church has historical significance and is more than 100 years old. The Church has a beautiful light pink tinge to its stone. Inside the Cathedral are beautiful stained glass windows depicting the life of Jesus Christ. The main tower of the church is 175ft high and the cathedral can accommodate 5000 people at a time.
Medak also has a small fort on a hillock that stands majestically above the town of Medak and gives a panoramic view of the district. It is a citadel built on a hillock that provided as a vantage point for the Kakatiyan rulers in ancient India. It has three main entrances, the “Prathama Dwaram”, the “Simha Dwaram” that has two snarling lions at the top of the entrance and the “Gaja Dwaram”, or Elephant’s Entrance that has a sculpture of two elephants interlocked on both sides of the entrance. There is a Mosque on top of the form and a old jail.
15 KM from Medak is Pocharam Lake with a dam, and Pocharam Wild life sanctuary which used to be a hunting ground for the Nizam. The Pocharam lake is home for many resident and migratory birds. The pocharam sanctuary is home to many species of mammals and reptiles like the Nilgai, Spotted Deer, wild boars, monitor lizards can be seen in the wildlife sanctuary. There is a inspection bungalow and a hunting lodge close to the Dam.
Itinerary – Day 1
07:00 am – Assemble at Location – Banjara Hills.
09:00 am – Breakfast at Medak Church
10:00 am – Guided Tour of Medak Church
11:30 am – 01:00 pm – Hike and Guided Tour to Medak Fort
01:00 pm – 02:00 pm – Lunch near Medak Fort
02:00 pm – Visit the Pocharam Wild life sanctuary
04:00 pm – Visit Pocharam Dam and Surroundings
05:00 pm – Setup Camp Site
07:00 pm – Campfire, Music & BBQ
08:00 pm – Dinner Time
09:00 pm – Story Circle
10:00 pm – Star Gazing
11:00 pm – Sleep
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 am – Wakeup and Freshen up
7:00 am – Nature Walk and Bird Watching
09:00 am – Breakfast
10:00 am – 01:00 pm Boating and Kayaking
01:00 pm – Lunch
02:00 pm – Group Photo at Inspection Bunglow.
03:00 pm – Play & Sharing Circle
04:00 pm – Start back for Hyderabad.
06:00 pm – Reach Yatri Nivas and Disperse.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, No pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but out most care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) ladies and gents accommodation is in separate tents
5) Food will be mostly vegetarian
6) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7) if you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
8) If you cant swim don’t go deep into the water
Things to Bring
1) A good and positive mood
2) 1 track pants/ loose trousers or jeans – full length
3) 2 T-shirt – ( please avoid bright coloured and shiny clothes)
4) 2 pair socks
5) 2 pair under garments
6) mosquito cream
7) insect repellent ( for outdoors)
8) sun hat/ screen ( for the ladies and fair and handsome)
9) walking /trekking /sport shoes
10) Digi / Video Camera
11) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries
12) Medicines you need
13) Tiffin Box to carry lunch or u can manage with a plastic cover or paper
14) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture ( for the poor)
15) water bottle – 2 Litres
16) Toilet paper / wet tissues
17) Toiletries ( tooth brush, paste, small towel/napkin, comb, shampoo)
18) 2 biodegradable plastic bags medium size to carry waste
19) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License) with a xerox copy
20) A rucksack / haversack, in other words a bag u can put all your stuff in and hang on ur back, try to keep the bag less then 5 kgs
21) 2 emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
22) Sleeping Bag or a bedsheet
1 Day Trip
Rs 1800 per head.
2 days – Over night Trip – Camping
Rs 3000 per head
2 days Over night Trip with Camping + Boating.
Rs 4000 per head
+ 5% GST
Minimum Group Size – 20 Maximum Group Size – 40
Camping in tents
Visit to Church, Fort, Sanctuary
Activities Boating, Campfire, Stargazing, Story Telling
Safety Equipment – Boats, Life Jackets and Rescue Kayaks
Outdoor Leaders and Activity Organisers -2
Certified Life Guard and Wilderness First Responder. -1
Medak Pocharam Weekend Trip
- 1 Itinerary – Day 1 07:00 am – Assemble at Location – Banjara Hills. 09:00 am – Breakfast at Medak Church 10:00 am 11:30 am – Guided Tour of Medak Church 11:30 am – 01:00 pm – Hike and Guided Tour to Medak Fort 01:00 pm – 02:00 pm – Lunch near Medak Fort 02:00 pm – Visit the Pocharam Wild life sanctuary 04:00 pm – Visit Pocharam Dam and Surroundings 05:00 pm – Setup Camp Site 07:00 pm – Campfire, Music & BBQ 08:00 pm – Dinner Time 09:00 pm – Story Circle 10:00 pm – Star Gazing 11:00 pm – Sleep
- 2 Day 2 - Sunday 06:00 am – Wakeup and Freshen up 7:00 am – Nature Walk and Bird Watching 09:00 am – Breakfast 10:00 am – 01:00 pm Boating and Kayaking 01:00 pm – Lunch 02:00 pm – Group Photo at Inspection Bunglow. 03:00 pm – Play & Sharing Circle 04:00 pm – Start back for Hyderabad. 06:00 pm – Reach Yatri Nivas and Disperse.
Connect with us
I express my sincere gratitude to the entire Outlife team wholeheartedly for the wonderful experience that we had. It was truly a memorable one ! Everyone had a really great time and we learned a lot from the activities we did, especially the rappelling session which was a super hit ! The Training team was spectacular and we bonded so well with them almost immediately. They really went out of the way to make us feel comfortable and helped us to overcome our fears as we truly felt that we were in good and safe hands.
-- Saritha Nair, Project Leader, Atlas Copco Business Services
We hired OutLife as the provider for adventure Outbound for Our company. Diyanat and his team did an exceptional job conducting the outbound and they hold very high professional values. Diyanat has great leadership and motivational skills which helped in individual and team growth. We would love to be associated and Outlife for future outbounds.
-- Gurupreet Chabda, Senior Consultant at Delloite
Our teams have had a memorable day with you. The program was well knit, with well planned activities, useful insights, and very well conducted adventure sports. Your team of trainers and support members have a great way of making the participants feel comfortable & confident when they are strained or give up during the adventure sports. Special thanks to all the trainers who spent a lot of time in understanding our needs and coming up with innovative ideas of knowledge sharing and experiential learning.
-- Angel Mathew, DGM - Talent Development, Kantar Operations
Outlife encourages people who are interested and who are very passionate of doing adventures. Lot of people have the passion to do adventures at least once in a life time and Outlife is doing a great job by encouraging such people and coming up with more new adventurous meetups. I wish Outlife team all the very best for its future and cheers.
-- Jayesh Kumar
Outlife is an unique platform to bring fun out of our life. Hope my journey continues for a long time with all the adventures out here
-- Hemant Reddy
good organisation of the event .. very environment cautious… they brought portable washrooms which was very thoughtful of the team and shows their dedication to being a matured and env friendly organisation.
-- Ritesh Khandelwal